Saturday, May 19, 2012

Trying to Be an Open Book

If you knew me, you'd know that I lived in Virginia
 until the summer before junior year.
You'd know that I miss Virginia all the time.
But if you really knew me, you'd also know that when I left VA,
part of me stayed there. So now I feel split.
And I'm hoping college is the solution.

If you knew me, you'd know that I constantly bicker with my older sister.
That she knows exactly how to push my buttons.
If you really knew me, you'd know that I love her anyways.
And that family is everything to me.

If you knew me, you'd know that I am a Psych fan.
That I love Harry Potter and mystery books.
But if you really knew me, you'd also know that
Disney shows, no matter how recent, can still make me laugh.

If you knew me, you'd know that I dream of becoming an author.
That I love writing fiction stories.
But if you really knew me, you'd also know that I can't let people
I know well read my work.
You'd know that I'm a total English nerd. That I love puns.
That I am a grammar nazi.

If you knew me, you'd know that I can be really quiet.
That I can go through an entire class period without saying more than 2 words.
But if you really knew me, you'd know that there's an alternate version of me
within me. She's way more outgoing and talkative.
And she tries to break out sometimes, but not as often as she should.


1 comment:

  1. This is good. I think there are a lot of people like you. Quiet and reserved in class...but that's not the real them. My wife is that way. But once she gets comfortable, look out.

    I remember one class I had in high school. Math. Mr. Marietta. I was so quiet. I didn't talk to anyone, but everyone else seemed to be themselves everyday. It was painful for me.

    I don't know why I felt the need to share that. But there you go.

    ReplyDelete