Saturday, April 21, 2012

Musings on 1984

The internet is a pretty creepy place, if you think about it. 
The stalking possibilities are ENDLESS! 
A few months ago, I reread George Orwell's 1984. It made me think about how dependent we are on the internet and  computers. In the book, no one physically writes things down. Instead, they use telescreens or speakwrites. Honestly, I love the process of writing things down on paper. It stimulates my creative juices, setting them into overdrive. Maybe that's why I struggle writing interesting things on the blog. Maybe the fact that I'm sending my words out to whoever wants to access them subconsciously freaks me out. 
Well, that's all I've got. If this were on paper, I'd probably have a few more witty comments, but I'll save them for my future novel that I'll eventually write...on paper.

1 comment:

  1. Well said.

    I agree. There is value in writing things down on paper. And we're losing that. I can type a lot faster than I can write with a pen. Which is good, but it also prevents me from thinking as deeply when I type something compared to when I handwrite it. If that makes sense.

    Again. Well said (typed).

    ReplyDelete