Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ode to Diet

Oh diet, how I love you.
You make my heart smile,
as you keep my stomach unsatisfied.
I long for the crunch of goldfish crackers
or chips
or cookies.
My mind (and you) tell me NO
but my heart tells me GO!
But then I remember
that I'm only humoring you
to support my dad...
but losing some poundage could be
beneficial...I suppose.
Why, oh why, did I agree to this?
My dear diet, you are killing me.
You and your oh so amorevolous
eating restrictions.
You say I can eat as many veggies as I want?
Oh, lucky me. You're too kind.
And I really enjoy eating a turkey burger
wrapped in a lettuce leaf.
Thanks for suggesting it.
Your food regimen shows tough love.
But you do love me, right?
LIES!

1 comment:

  1. This is good stuff. My wife has an on-again off-again relationship with her diet. Love-hate relationship. To be honest, I really don't think they're right for each other.

    ReplyDelete