Thursday, February 2, 2012

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue...

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I bought you some fries,
and a hamburger, too.

Sadly, I'm not the author of this fine poem, but I was the recipient of it. On a dark and stormy night (well, just dark), I was watching TV (Disney Channel....yeah...) when the dramatic sound of my doorbell rang. And, just like any other lazy teenager, I let someone else answer it. Then, my mom called me to the door. So, I was forced to remove myself from the oh-so-comfy couch and momentarily say goodbye to whatever I had been watching. How tragic. But my sadness disappeared the moment I saw the certain someone standing awkwardly by the front door. As I didn't know this person very well at the time, it was pretty weird seeing him on my doorstep. He stood with his hands behind his back, looking nervous. We chatted for a little bit, until he finally said, "The reason I came was to bring you these fries. They're very good." As he said that, he handed me a Sonic bag and ran out the door. Inside the bag were...fries! Surprise, surprise. And yes, they were very good.
So, I was really confused...even more so when the next night, someone ding-dong-ditched our house with another Sonic bag, which brings us back to the lovely poem above. Someone had written it on the bag...and there was a hamburger in it! 

 So if you're actually reading this totally random story, you're probably wondering why I'm writing about this. To be honest, I don't really know. I guess I could mention that the whole thing turned out to be a joke (from my friends...not random people), but that's kind of anti-climactic to my story. Oh well. I guess the moral of the story is, Sonic hamburgers and fries make for very good doorbell ditching tools. Just FYI :)

No comments:

Post a Comment