Saturday, February 11, 2012

Save the Words!!

Some people adopt orphans. I adopt words.

Did you know that hundreds of words drop from the English language due to lack of use? 

I didn't think so. 

You're probably thinking, "That's TRAGIC, but there's nothing I can do about it." But guess what? There's a solution to this epidemic of disappearing words.  And it begins with YOU!

There's a magical website called  http://savethewords.org/site.swf . As a concerned citizen of English-speaking society, you can ADOPT a word and pledge to use it as much as possible! Whoa, I know you're excited, but you can stop shouting for joy now. I adopted the word 'amorevolous': (adj) affectionate; doting. So I'm going to try to use it as much as possible.
Are you inspired yet? Well you should be. 

So be a hero. Save a life. Adopt a word. 

No words were harmed in the creation of this over-dramatized promotion. My name is Nimbus Zest and I approve this message. The end. Adios. Ciao.




1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna' adopt a black-no, a North Korean baby! Then I can teach him to own as many nuclear weapons of mass destruction as possible and not share with other countries! Oh, and maybe I'll adopt a word too.

    ReplyDelete